Friday, 11 May 2012

Debbie's Birthday

May 1st is a National Holiday in Italy and my birthday. The day started with Jacob cooking me breakfast. Then, I opened a photo album and book from Mom and Dad and Kindle books from Olaf. Stephen had also smuggled back a great, big stack of cards and letters from my friends in Canada and I had a sentimental time opening and reading them all.

Our Tuscan Flickr!

Since the museums and businesses were all closed today, we had a quiet, relaxing day at La Tornaia. A thunderstorm in the afternoon even prevented us from going hiking. In the evening, we had dinner at the local restaurant in the village - which somehow specializes in seafood despite our being up in the hills and pretty much in the middle of Italy - and on Wednesday spent the day at Florence - mostly at the Uffizi Gallery and walking around the city.